Last modified: September 21, 2022
Alcove Technologies, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.alcove.co (“Website“) or sign up to use our procurement management services (“Services“), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through Services that you choose to access and use.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- Through any browser extensions.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party [(including our affiliates and subsidiaries)]; or
- Any third party [(including our affiliates and subsidiaries)], including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as first name and last name, address, and email address (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address and browser type ; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
In addition to the above, you can easily and securely sign in to our Services using an e-mail address and password, or your existing Google Account, which allows Google to share your name, email address, and profile picture from your Google Account with us.
How We Collect It
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
- When you use your Google Account credentials to create an account and sign in to the Services.
- Via Google Analytics.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners that provide ancillary services including forms, quizzes, surveys, usability tests, user insights, and payment processing.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you participate in a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
By using the Services, you grant us access to your Gmail account, including names of your contacts and your private correspondence, including all message contents, recipient names, and attachments. Our Services are intended to be used for interior design only and do not require you to provide us with information not related to interior design. Accordingly, we strongly recommend that you use a separate Gmail account for our Services that does not contain sensitive personal information or documents including financial or medical information.
You also may provide information to be transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are displayed and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information,but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account orsubscription, including expiration and renewal notices.]
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or Services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, including communications via a chatbox.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may unsubscribe from our marketing communciations by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link located on the bottom of our emails, or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. You may not opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your account with us or the Services. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Alcove’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Alcove about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to assign another user to access your Gmail or grant access for another user to all of your emails associated with a project(s), we will transmit the contents of those email and your email address to the recipients.
- To Google, who may monitor use of the API to ensure quality, improve Google products and services, and verify your compliance with the Google Terms. This monitoring may include Google accessing and using Alcove’s API Client, for example to identify security issues that could affect Google or its users.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Alcove, our customers, or others. [The categories of personal information we may disclose include:
- first and last names, email addresses, and your or your clients’ addresses.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within the email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Alcove Technologies, Inc. 500 W 2nd St #1900, Austin, TX 78701
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide a confirmation response within 10 business days. We will also disclose and deliver the required information to you free of charge, or correct inaccurate personal Information, or delete your personal Information, based on your request, within 45 days of receiving a verifiable request from you.
If Alcove does not take action on your request, then Alcove will inform you within 45 days of the reasons for not taking action and any rights you may have to appeal the decision. You may also have the right to contact your state Attorney General for any concerns with the result of the appeal.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Do Not Track
A Do Not Track (DNT) standard has not been adopted to this day, and therefore Alcove doesn’t use DNT signals.
Alcove Technologies, Inc. 500 W 2nd St #1900, Austin, TX 78701 or firstname.lastname@example.org Alcove has designated AAA as its alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider. AAA is an independent body designated to resolve data-related complaints made by individuals. If Alcove is unable to resolve an issue with you, a complaint can be filed with AAA.
Limited Use Disclosure
Alcove Technologies’ use and transfer to any other app information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy including the Limited Use requirements.